Get the Program Guide
- B.S. in Statistics
- Minor in Actuarial Science
- Minor in Mathematical Sciences
- Minor in Statistics
- MS Option in Statistics
Who Would be Interested in Statistics?
If any of the following apply to you, you should explore a career in statistics:
- Enjoy using your quantitative skills to solve practical problems
- Are interested in using computer technology to analyze data to solve problems in a wide variety of fields
- Want to learn how to apply mathematical and statistical knowledge to social, economic, medical, political, or ecological problems
- Like to work individually and/or as part of an interdisciplinary team to solve problems and communicate your results to others
- Are interested in advancing the frontiers of statistics and probability through education and research
- The first of only two undergraduate programs in statistics offered in the state of Kentucky
- Supportive faculty with a wealth of experience and expertise and a small student/faculty ratio
- The opportunity to work on real problems with local industries in their courses and through the Statistical Consulting Center
- Opportunity to learn to use a wide variety of software including Minitab, SAS, R and StatXact
- Availability of cutting edge courses such as "R and Introductory Data Mining" and "Statistical Methods using SAS"
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Statistics upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- IT Specialist, US Census Bureau, Washington, DC
- Statistical Analyst, Procter & Gamble, Cincinnati, OH
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Statistics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY