- B.S. in Occupational Safety
- M.S. in Safety, Security & Emergency Management with concentrations in: Occupational Safety, Labor & Employment or School Safety
Who Would be Interested in Occupational Safety?
Students with an interest in:
- Working in the fields of safety and health
- Ensuring employees work in a safe environment
- Managing the safety/risk management/environmental health functions in an industrial or manufacturing setting
Why Occupational Safety?
- Safety specialists and managers are in demand nationwide.
- The national average starting salary for Occupational Safety and Health Professionals is $63,230, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Course topics cover everything from OSHA and construction safety to industrial safety and hazardous materials.
- Students that complete this degree are well-rounded and marketable for a variety of careers within the health and safety fields.
- Graduates are qualified for the Institute of Safety and Health Management's Associate Safety Health Manager (ASHM) designation.
- The program is currently pursuing ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering & Technology) accreditation.
- The degree also fulfills requirements for a minor in Fire and Safety Engineering Technology.
Learn from the Best
- Faculty members are nationally and internationally known for their teaching, research and dedication to the safety fields.
- Most importantly, the professors in this program are especially dedicated to student success and are involved in every aspect of health and safety.
Independent Study and Internship Opportunities
- All students in the Occupational Safety program are encouraged to complete a Co-Op as part of the program.
- Students can choose to work with a professor through an Independent Study, which allows them to pursue specific topics of interest.
- Construction Site Safety Manager
- OSHA Trainer
- Plant Safety Manager
- Safety Technician
- Industrial Safety Coordinator
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer
- Corporate Safety Director
What are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Occupational Safety upon applying to the university. Students will be required to take college algebra and chemistry as part of the program requirements.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
How Do I Get More Information?
Annie Noltemeyer, Online Enrollment Advisor