B.S. in Medical Laboratory Science
Who Would be Interested in Medical Laboratory Science?
- Have a strong interest in science
- Like to work independently
- Want a health career with minimal patient contact
- Want a good starting salary with benefits
Why Medical Laboratory Science?
- The Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) program is a NACCLS accredited program.
- Students in the MLS program have a graduation rate of 96% and an 86% employment rate.
- Students in the MLS programs have a clinical practicum (rotation) in an area hospital at the end of their campus courses that helps to make each student "job ready" after graduation.
Learn from the Best
- MLS instructors are readily available by email, phone or office for questions or problems and are concerned about the success of their students.
- Faculty have many years of clinical experience working as laboratory professionals in the various specialties of the clinical laboratory in hospitals.
- Faculty share more than 50 years of teaching excellence with the MLS programs and provide a nurturing environment for students.
- Faculty are actively involved in professional organizations and continuing education to keep abreast of the laboratory profession.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- For MLS, there is a formal application period during which students who have met the requirements of passing all supporting science courses and having a GPA of 2.5 are considered by committee for entry into the MLS program.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
Graduates of the MLS program can be found working in a variety of areas, including:
- Hospital, clinic and reference laboratories
- Sales representatives in laboratory industries
- Veterinary and forensic laboratories
- Colleges and universities
How Do I Get More Information?
Call (859) 622-3078
Are There Scholarship Opportunities?
The MLS program does not offer specific scholarship opportunities.