Get the Program Guide
- B.S. in Mathematics
- B.S. in Mathematics Teaching
- Minor in Mathematics
Who Would be Interested in Mathematics?
Students interested in:
- Exploring the foundations of mathematics, its applications, and what there is beyond calculus
- A major that will prepare them to think logically, to solve challenging problems, and to inquire about new things
- Preparing themselves for graduate school in any field that requires deductive reasoning skills, e.g., most sciences and the law
- Caring and committed instructors (including two Foundation Professors recognized for outstanding teaching) seek to give students considerable individualized attention.
- The department is committed to additional support for students through the Math Tutoring Center and the Math Excel program.
- The curriculum includes a wide variety of course offerings, including seminars and graduate courses that advanced students can take as an undergraduate.
- An active student organization (KME) that offers students an opportunity to interact with other students having similar interests.
- Numerous free electives make a double major possible.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Mathematics upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- One graduate is pursuing an MA degree in Sociology at the University of Toronto.
- Another graduate is pursuing an MS degree in Mathematical Sciences at EKU.