Get the Program Guide
Do you enjoy problem solving and want a major that will challenge you? The Mathematics program is a great stepping stone to graduate school or to a career in math education. With a diverse curriculum, this program will prepare you for your future endeavors.
- B.S. in Mathematics (General Mathematics Concentration)
- B.S. in Mathematics (Mathematics Teaching Concentration)
- Actuarial Science
- Mathematical Science
- Applied Data Science
Who Would be Interested in Mathematics?
Students interested in:
- Exploring the foundations of mathematics, its applications, and what there is beyond calculus
- A major that will prepare them to think logically, solve challenging problems, and inquire about new things
- Preparing themselves for graduate school in any field that requires deductive reasoning skills, e.g., most sciences and the law
- Caring and committed instructors seek to give students considerable individualized attention.
- The department is committed to additional support for students through the Mathematics and Statistics Tutoring Center and the Math Excel program.
- The curriculum includes a wide variety of course offerings, including seminars and graduate courses that advanced students can take as an undergraduate.
- An active student organization (KME) offers students an opportunity to interact with other students having similar interests.
- Numerous free electives make a double major possible.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Mathematics upon applying to the university.
What Are Recent Graduates Up To?
- Our graduates are teachers in local high schools.
- Our graduates are pursuing graduate degrees in programs across the country in mathematics and statistics.
- Our graduates have found jobs as actuaries, database analysts, and software engineers.
- Dr. Glynn Creamer Mathematics Education Endowment Scholarship
- Dr. Aughtum Howard Memorial Mathematics Scholarship
- Dr. Amy King Number e2?iMathematics Scholarship
- Shirley Smith McAfee Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Robert Nelson Memorial Math Scholarship
- Raymond Benjamin and Ruth Levi Whitaker Endowed Scholarship