- Teacher Leader Track with Advanced Study
- Teacher Leader Track with Additional Certification in IECE
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
- Individuals working in programs serving young children ages birth through kindergarten. The advanced study option prepares individuals to work as leaders in early childhood settings, including state and local level organizations providing professional development and support to early childhood teachers. The additional certification option allows individuals to add the Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (IECE) teaching certification while also adding the Teacher Leader Endorsement. The IECE teaching certification allows individuals to teach in the public school preschool and kindergarten programs and to work as Developmental Interventionists with the First Steps early intervention program.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall or 3.25 in the last 60 hours completed OR
- Students with Undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0 overall (or 3.25 in the last 60 hours) will be required to submit GRE scores of 150 Verbal and 140 Quantitative OR
- MAT score of 389
- Additional admission requirement to the Advanced Study option is provisional teaching certification in IECE. Additional admission requirement to the Additional Certification option is KY provisional teaching certification in P-5, 5-9, or Secondary for classroom teachers.
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
- Public school preschool and kindergarten classrooms
- Head Start coordinators and administrators
- Administrators of early childhood centers
- Kentucky Department of Education
- Kentucky Division of Child Care
How Do I Get More Information?
- Contact Dr. Michelle Gremp at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the website at http://coe-specialed.eku.edu/graduate-programs-department-special-education