Honors Flex Curriculum: Incoming first-year students accepted into EKU Honors complete the Honors Flex curriculum. Honors Flex students are required to complete 25 hours of Honors coursework as they complete the university's general education and University requirements. Honors Flex is designed to work with any major. See the curriculum guide here.
- Honors Current/Transfer Curriculum (TRCE): Current EKU students accepted into EKU Honors after their first semester, as well as transfer students, complete the Honors Transfer/Current Curriculum. Students are required to complete 18 hours of Honors coursework as they complete the university's general education and university requirements. See the curriculum guide here.
Who Would be Interested in EKU Honors?
If you answer yes to these questions, EKU Honors may be for you!
- Do you enjoy intellectual challenges in a variety of subjects?
- Do you like to read and share your ideas in creative ways?
- Do you like to explore new and challenging points of view?
- Do you wish to work closely with a dynamic community of curious students and faculty?
- Do you enjoy learning about and collaborating with people who are different from you?
- Do you want to engage in original research?
Why EKU Honors?
EKU Honors is a dynamic, supportive learning community available to EKU students in any major. Honors students complete 18-25 hours of creative and innovative honors courses designed to replace general education credits you may still need and enhance your EKU experience.
As an honors student, you’ll take classes with professors who are excited about the material they’re teaching and who care about you and your learning. Honors class sizes average 18-20 students in highly interactive, discussion-based settings. You’ll be surrounded by students who take their academic and professional goals seriously but still enjoy their college experience.
EKU Honors has a $2 million endowment that we get to spend on student research, travel, and study abroad opportunities. Membership in EKU Honors does not require an additional program fee.
How Can I Apply to EKU Honors?
Apply online at honors.eku.edu/application.
Priority deadline for applications is January 15
Final deadline for applications is April 1
Applications include a resume and a short essay
EKU Honors uses a holistic approach to reviewing applications. There is not a minimum ACT/SAT or GPA required for application or acceptance.
What Do Honors Scholars Do After Graduation?
- Pursue professional (law, medicine, pharmacy, etc.) and graduate degrees at institutions across the country
- Utilize the vast network of other EKU Honors alumni to gain employment in their chosen discipline
- Travel the world teaching English as a second language
- Live out EKU Honors’ culture of service in their communities
How Do I Get More Information?
- Visit www.honors.eku.edu for more information and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 859-622-2924.
- Scheduled a visit to learn more about our program in person at www.honors.eku.edu/visit.
All EKU Honors students receive the EKU Honors Scholarship of $1000 per year, renewable for 4 years. This scholarship may be stacked with other EKU merit scholarships.
Students who do not qualify for a higher level of EKU merit scholarship will receive the Tier 3 scholarship of $4,000 annually, renewable for 4 years.