- Exercise and Wellness (Thesis or Internship Required)
- Sports Administration
Who Would Be Interested in This Program?
- The ESS master's degree recognizes the diverse nature of the discipline and permits students maximum flexibility in areas of personal interest or for career enhancement.
- The ESS master's degree allows for professionals already in the field to complete the degree at their own pace and within the limitation of their work schedule.
- The ESS option in Exercise and Wellness concentration is designed for students to complete a thesis if they are planning to matriculate into a doctorate program or to complete an internship for field study experience.
- The SPAD curriculum and internship experience is designed for students who want to work in coaching, sport programming, marketing and promotion, fund raising, game management, sport administration, or facility planning.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA
- Two letters of reference, professional and personal narrative and resume sent directly to the Graduate School
- Students with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher are not required to take the GRE for admission.
- If you do not meet the requirements for the GRE waiver, you must obtain a minimum score of 147 in each of the Quantitative and Verbal areas of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and 3.5 in the Analytical area.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Many FBS and BCS NCAA schools
- Various professional gyms
How Do I Get More Information?