On-Campus Degree Options:
- Environmental/Occupational Health & Sustainability
- Health Promotion
Online Degree Option:
- Health Promotion
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
- Prevent environmental and occupational diseases and injuries
- Promote public health in your community
- Track and investigate infectious diseases
- Tackle trending global health issues
- Change the world by completing a Master of Public Health degree at Eastern Kentucky University!
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 2.5 or better;
- Combined score of at least 291 on the verbal and quantitative components of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) with a minimum of 143 in each area, or a score of 385 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT); Applicants with cumulative undergraduate GPAs of 2.5 or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- Submission of graduate school application;
- Submission of statement of personal and professional objectives (1.5 to 2-pages);
- Submission of three letters of recommendation from employers or previous professors; and
- For International applicants, a TOEFL score of at least 580 for paper-based test and 237 for the computer- based version, or an IELTS minimum score of 5 on each section and a minimum score of 6.5 on the overall band score.
So that timely progress toward the degree can be achieved, the following undergraduate pre-requisite courses are expected to be completed prior to active participation in the program.
- Environmental/Occupational Health & Sustainability: At least 1 physical science plus a physics course; 2 chemistry with lab; 2 biology with lab; college algebra; and 1 microbiology course at the undergraduate level.
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
- State and Local Health Department
- Water and Waste Treatment
- Food Protection and Safety
- Infection Control
- Bio-terrorism Preparedness
- Health Educator
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Nonprofit or volunteer agencies
- Occupational Safety
- Industrial Hygiene within industry and consultation
- Workplace Health Programs
- Hazard Communication
- National agencies like Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- WIC Nutritionist
- Cooperative Extension Services
- Hunger Prevention and Nutrition Assistance Programs
How Do I Get More Information?
- Students interested in the on-campus Master of Public Health may contact the MPH office at (859) 622-6330 or email Dr. Phyllis Bryden. Visit our website: MPH.eku.edu
- Students interested in the online Master of Public Health may contact MPH online enrollment advisor, Hayley Anders, at (859) 622-8222 or email@example.com. Visit our website: https://ekuonline.eku.edu/mph-health-promotion/
- Follow us on Twitter: @eku_mph or Facebook: @ekumph