- Master of Arts in Education: School Media Librarian
- Certification Preparation Program: School Media Librarian
- Preparation School Media Librarian Rank I Classification (Sixth Year Program)
Program (School Media Librarian)
- Options available to add endorsements to teaching certification in:
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Environmental Education
- Gifted Education
- Instructional Computer Technology
- Literacy Specialist
- Math Specialist
- Teacher Leader
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
Any P-12 teacher (holding a current teaching license) interested in becominga school librarian. This program provides teachers with both degree andnon-degree (Rank I and/or Certificate in School Media Librarian) program
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Candidates must meet the requirements of the Graduate School
- Must be licensed teacher in elementary, middle, or secondary teaching certification program.
Candidates must have earned an overall 3.0 undergraduate GPA or a 3.0 in thelast 60 hours completed.
Candidates must have a score of 375 on the Millers Analogies Test (MAT) or aVerbal score of 144 and a Quantitative score of 144 on the GRE.
Scores on the MAT/GRE are used in conjunction with undergraduate GPA andother criteria in selecting candidates for admission
Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher, or 3.25 orhigher in their last 60 hours of coursework are exempt from the MAT/GRErequirement.
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
Though many of our graduates may decide to seek employment in schooldistricts within the state, we have had graduates go to work in positionsboth nationally and internationally.
How Do I Get More Information?
- Visit https://ekuonline.eku.edu/education/master-arts-education-maed
- Email or telephone the Program Coordinator
- Ralph Turner at email@example.com
- Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.