- M.A.Ed. in School Counseling: This 48-hour program is nationally accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Educational Related Programs. (CACREP)
- Rank 1 in School Counseling: This customized program helps certified school counselors meet the 60-credit hour requirements for Rank I in School Counseling in Kentucky.
- Standard Certificate in School Counseling: This customized program enables certified school counselors to earn credit hour requirements for Standard Certificate in School Counseling in Kentucky.
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
- The individual who is interested in becoming a professional certified school counselor in Kentucky or other state.
- Individuals with a desire to help students succeed in their academic, career, and social/emotional domains.
- Certified school counselors looking to increase their training and achieve their Standard Certificate and Rank 1 in School Counseling.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall or 3.25 in the last 60 hours completed OR
- Students with Undergraduate GPA below 3.0 overall (or 3.25 in the last 60 hours completed) will be required to submit GRE scores of 146 Verbal, 140 Quantitative, and 4.0 Analytical Writing or 365 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Forty-eight hours of graduate work including a practicum and internship completed in the school setting.
Applicants must submit:
- Writing Sample
- Three recommender's email addresses
- Participation in a group interview
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
In a variety of schools K-12 throughout Kentucky.
How Do I Get More Information?