Get the Program Guide
Geographic Information Science, B.S.
Minors in Geography and Geology
Certificates in Environmental Education and Geographic Information Systems
Who Would be Interested in Geographic Information Science?
- Students who are interested in:
- Global issues and world development
- Environmental and sustainability issues
- Using geographic data to make informed decisions (in many fields of study)
- Computer technologies and/or programming
- Travel and adventure
Why Geographic Information Science?
- Geographic information is used in a wide variety of careers in science, business, environment, government, health sciences, engineering, education, homeland security, criminal justice, etc.
- Opportunities for student-centered research, high-quality faculty mentoring, and professional development in GIS
- Opportunities to research and study abroad
- State-of-the-art facilities, computing facilities, and equipment/instrumentation prepare graduates for top jobs
- GIS skills make graduates a top contender for jobs
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Geographic Information Science upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- GIS Technician, City of Berea, Kentucky
- GIS Manager, Spartanburg County, South Carolina
- Digital Cartographer, Mapcom Systems
- LiDAR Technician, Quantum Spatial
- Lieutenant, U.S. Army
How Do I Get More Information?
Are There Scholarship Opportunities?