- B.A. in English
- B.A. in English Teaching
- Accelerated 3+2 Dual Degree (B.A. in English + M.A. in English)
- M.A. in English
- M.F.A. in Creative Writing
- English (Teaching)
Who Would be Interested in English?
English is for those:
- Who want to broaden their insight into the nature of language and literature.
- Who want to develop their technical writing abilities.
- Who want to develop their creative writing abilities.
- Who plan to teach.
The award-winning faculty in English concentrate primarily on effective teaching, but they also include many active and successful writers and scholars, including novelists of international reputation.
A degree in English tells employers that you can analyze information, think critically, write clearly, and communicate effectively.
Career Opportunities Pursued by English Majors:
- Web Designer
- Technical Writer
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select any of the English options upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- English Teaching Graduates: Madison County Schools, Elkhorn Crossing Schools, LaFayette High School, Pulaski County High School, Madison Central High School, Pendleton High School, Jackson County High School, Middlesboro High School
- Technical Writing Graduates: Coldstream Laboratories Inc,; Bellaworks Web Design in Charlotte, NC; UPS Supply Chain Solutions; Marco Photo Services
How Do I Get More Information?
Are There Scholarship Opportunities?
- The Donn Johnson Endowed English Scholarship
- The EKU Theatre Endowed Scholarship
- The Dr. James M. Kenkel Undergraduate Linguistics Scholarship
- The Philip H. Mankin Memorial Fund
- Bonnie Craft Plummer Endowed Study Abroad Scholarship
- The Hazel L. Chrisman Memorial English Scholarship
- The Roy Clark Memorial Scholarship