- B.S. in Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (P-12) with Elementary Education (P-5) teaching
- B.S. in Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (P-12) with Middle Grade Education (5-9) teaching
Who Would Be Interested in Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing?
- Individuals seeking to teach students who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Individuals seeking a dual certification for students who are deaf or hard of hearing and elementary or middle grades.
Why Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing?
- EKU offers Kentucky’s ONLY program preparing teachers of the deaf and hard of hearing and one of only a few in the southeastern United States.
- EKU's Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing program is nationally accredited.
- Earn two teaching certificates --one in Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and one in elementary or middle grades with a content emphasis.
- Program includes extensive, supervised school-based field experiences including a semester-long practicum experience at Kentucky School for the Deaf
- Your Kentucky teaching certificate is easily transferred to other states (some additional requirements may be needed).
- EKU prepares highly qualified teachers.
- Faculty have K-12 teaching experience and are active scholars in state and national education
What Are the Requirements to be admitted to the Program?
- Admission to EKU
- Admission to the College of Education Professional Education Program, usually during the sophomore year (2.75 GPA, criminal background check, and additional requirements)
- Students must earn and maintain a 2.75 GPA
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
Recent graduates are employed across the nation in private and public schools as well as school for the deaf.
How Do I Get More Information?
Email Dr. Michelle Gremp at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 859-622-2154
- Visit https://curriculum.eku.edu/special-education-deaf-and-hard-hearing-dhh
Consult the College of Education website for information about scholarship opportunities. https://coe.eku.edu/current-students#sch