Online Degrees & Certificates
- B.S. in Corrections and Juvenile Justice Studies
- Certificate in Correctional Intervention Strategies
- Certificate in Youth Services
Who Would be Interested in Corrections and Juvenile Justice Studies?
Students who are:
- Compassionate about the needs of youth and adults who are involved in, or affected by, crime
- Interested in serving their communities
- Motivated and have the initiative and discipline needed to navigate the online learning environment
- Interested in making a career change or wanting to boost their credentials with specialized knowledge in the field
Why Corrections and Juvenile Justice Studies?
- Unlike a general criminal justice degree, EKU Online Corrections and Juvenile Justice degrees and certificates are devoted to the areas of adult, juvenile and community corrections.
- Coursework relates to issues and challenges faced in the workplace today.
- Students study with faculty who have solid academic credentials as well as substantial experience in the field.
- We have created a dynamic learning environment where you can thrive and achieve your academic and professional goals at a time and pace that works for you.
- Each member of our team is dedicated to helping you succeed by connecting you with University resources and corrections and juvenile justice professionals.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Corrections and Juvenile Justice Studies upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice
- Kentucky Department of Corrections, Probation and Parole Division
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Federal Probation
- Kentucky Department of Corrections (Institional Division, Probation and Parole Division)
- Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice (Detention Centers, Youth Development Centers, Community Supervision Programs)
- Kentucky Administrative Office of the Courts (Pretrial Services, Court Designated Worker Program)