- B.S. in Risk Management and Insurance
- B.B.A. in Risk Management and Insurance
- Minor in Risk Management and Insurance
Who Would be Interested in Risk Management and Insurance?
- Someone who is interested in exploring and managing risks businesses face in all industry
- A student who is academically and socially motivated with an interest in business
- Someone with an outgoing and amiable personality
- Someone who is a self-starter, creative thinker, and goal-oriented
- Someone who enjoys working in a corporate home office or agency environment with others
Why Risk Management and Insurance?
- The ONLY Risk Management and Insurance program in Kentucky
- All EKU School of Business degree programs, including Risk Management and Insurance, are accredited by AACSB International
- Significant industry interaction and support through meet-and-greet and major specific career fairs
- An active professional fraternity (Gamma Iota Sigma) with at least one trip out of state a semester
- Strong alumni base
- Potential for local, regional, and national employment
Paid internships and co-ops in the national and regional area:
- Lloyds of Kentucky, Inc.
- Auto-Owners Insurance Company
- Peoples Insurance
- Kentucky Farm Bureau
- C N A
- Liberty Mutual
Rewarding Career Opportunities
A Closer Look at Insurance Occupations
|Estate Planning Consultant||$66,462-100,964|
|Group Underwriter I||$39,927-49,445|
|Risk Analyst I||$39,927-53,116|
|Underwriter I Property and Casualty||$40,733-49,680|
|Underwriter I Life and Health||$36,445-46,238|
**Salaries based on information obtained from Salary.com for the Lexington, KY area, September 2013
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Risk Management and Insurance upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Risk Manager, City of Lexington
- C N A Chicago
- Claims Agent, Kentucky Farm Bureau
- Underwriters with Ohio Casualty, Farm Bureau, Chubb, Cincinnati Financial
How Do I Get More Information?
Are There Scholarship Opportunities?
Risk Management and Insurance has strong industry support:
- Insurance Institute of Kentucky
- Kentucky Chapter of CPCU
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Company Scholarship
- People's Insurance Agency
- Kentucky Association of Counties - KACo
- Risk and Insurance Management Society/Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters - RIMS/CPCU Insurance Studies Fund