- B.A. in Public Relations
- Minor in Public Relations
- Minor in Advertising
Who Would be Interested in Public Relations?
Students who possess:
- Good communication skills and the desire to improve those skills
- Strong writing skills
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
- A wide range of interests and a curious nature
Why Public Relations?
- Graduates pursue careers with corporations, non-profit organizations, education, government and public relations agencies.
- The program offers two areas of emphasis: Management, which focuses on business and corporate applications, and Creative, which includes design, new media and advertising applications.
- The program offers exceptional facilities coupled with a talented faculty with exceptional real-world experience and who are dedicated to professional education.
- Students become proficient in a wide range of applications and activities, including providing appropriate publics relations counsel, writing and producing news releases, speeches and newsletters, using social media and planning events.
- EKU's Public Relations program was certified by PRSA in 1990. It is one of only 30 certified programs in the world and the second oldest.
What are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select either option in Public Relations upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- E.W. Scripps Company
- Cardinal Hill Hospital
- Richard Petty Motorsports
- Humane Society of the United States
- Berea College
How Do I Get More Information?
Are There Scholarship Opportunities?
- Freshman Public Relations Scholarship
- Dr. Glen Kleine Scholarship
- Dr. Dean C. Cannon Endowed Memorial Communication Scholarship
- Pat and Paul Gleason Public Relations Scholarship
- Christy L. Guttridge Memorial Scholarship
- National Black Public Relations Society Scholarship
- Kentucky Society for Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing (KSHPRM) Scholarship
- Gary Yoshimura Scholarship
- Kentucky Society for Hospital Public Relations