Great journeys begin at EKU. Find out more information about academic majors, explore student life opportunities and discover why Eastern Kentucky University is a special place to learn and grow.
Get the Program Guide
- B.S. in Psychology
- Minor in Psychology
Who Would be Interested in Psychology?
- Students planning a career in mental health or social services
- Students preparing for professional schools or graduate school in psychology and related disciplines
- Students interested in understanding human behavior and developing insight into their own and others' behavior
- Students preparing for careers that require creative problem-solving, critical thinking, and the ability to apply psychological principles to their personal, social, and organizational life
- Many opportunities for students to collaborate with faculty on research projects on a broad range of topics
- Extensive co-op program and clinical practicum opportunities
- Opportunity to learn from award-winning faculty and recognized scholars, all committed to student success
- Flexible curriculum that allows students to focus on their specialized interests while gaining a solid foundation in psychology
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Psychology upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Employee Benefits Specialist in the Human Resources Department
- Inspector, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, Louisville, KY
- Home Resources Coordinator for therapeutic foster care agency, Lexington, KY
- Graduate Programs (Master's or Doctoral) at Marquette University, Kent State University, University of Alabama, University of Kentucky, University of Louisville, Spalding University, EKU, Ohio University, and Tennessee State University
Other career options graduates have pursued include:
- Mental Health Associates (Bachelor's Degree Level)
- Licensed Psychological Associates (Master's Degree Level)
- Case Managers
- Program Directors at Community Mental Health Centers and other behavioral healthcare providers across Kentucky