- Community Health
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
- Those with an interest in creating healthy places to live, work, and play.
- Those with an interest in promoting community change.
- Those with a background in public health, health sciences, or health administration.
- Those who want to enhance their application to medical schools or other professional programs.
- Those seeking a promotion at current place of employment in a public health/clinical health setting.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 2.5 or better;
- Combined score of at least 291 on the verbal and quantitative components of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or a score of 380 on Miller Analogies Test (MAT). MAT & GRE are waived if undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or last 60 hours is 3.2;
- Submission of graduate school application and related fee;
- Submission of MPH Program application;
- Submission of statement of personal and professional objectives (1.5-2 pages);
- Submission of three letters of recommendation from employers or previous professors;
- (For International applicants) TOEFL score of at least 580 for paper-based test and 237 for the computer-based version.
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
- Tennessee Primary Care Association
- Local and District Health Department- Health Educator
- Regional Epidemiologists
- Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center
- Kentucky Department of Public Health
- Peace Corps
How Do I Get More Information?
- Contact Dr. Michelyn Bhandari at email@example.com
- Contact Dr. Carolyn Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit http://healthed.eku.edu/ and http://www.mph.eku.edu/ for more information