- Middle and Secondary teacher certification
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
- Those holding a bachelor's degree (without teacher certification) that wish to earn teacher certification.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Submit an application to the Graduate School indicating a bachelor's degree including all transcripts from accredited colleges attended except Eastern Kentucky University.
- Provide evidence of a 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA or a 3.0 in the last 60 hours of course work.
- Provide evidence of the following GRE scores: At least 150 on the Verbal portion, 143 on the Quantitative portion, and a minimum of 4.0 on the Analytical Writing portion.
- OR provide evidence of the following Praxis-I Pre-Professional Test Scores: At least a 176 on the Reading portion, 174 on the Math portion, and 174 on the Writing portion.
- See http://www.mat.eku.edu/how-do-i-apply for specific information about other documents to be submitted.
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
- As teachers in K-12 schools (public and private).
How Do I Get More Information?
- Visit www.mat.eku.edu for more information.