- Option in Instrumental Conducting
- Option in Choral Conducting
- Option in Music Education (including 100% fully online option - more information available here)
- Options Theory/Composition
- Option in Performance
- Option in Performance/Pedagogy (piano or voice)
Who Would be Interested in This Program?
- EKU's graduate music program is designed for musicians and music educators that are seeking to further their musical skills, enhance their pedagogical and theoretical knowledge, and apply their learning to the art of music making and music teaching.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
- Individuals interested in the MM program must apply and be admitted to the graduate school as well as the EKU Department of Music. All Master of Music candidates are required to complete the Music Theory and Music History Entrance Exams as part of the application process. In addition, applicants seeking degrees with an emphasis in conducting or performance will need to arrange an audition with the appropriate faculty specialist. More information on specific audition requirements can be found by visiting www.music.eku.edu.
Where Are Recent Graduates of the Program Employed?
- Recent graduates of EKU's music program are employed in a variety of positions within the field of music.
- EKU graduates hold positions teaching and conducting music in public and private schools, including P-12 and higher education settings.
- Employment within the field of music industry, including positions with major music manufacturers and musical organizations.
- EKU graduates can be found performing in professional symphonies and military bands throughout the country.
How Do I Get More Information?