Great journeys begin at EKU. Find out more information about academic majors, explore student life opportunities and discover why Eastern Kentucky University is a special place to learn and grow.
Get the Program Guide
- B.A. in Applied Economics
- B.A. in General Economics
- B.A. in International Economics
- Minor in Economics
Who Would be Interested in Economics?
Students who are interested in:
- Banking, finance and insurance
- Manufacturing and management
- Market research
- Federal and state governments
- Graduate school in economics, business and law
- Excellent preparation for many careers in business and government
- Develops strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Cultivates knowledge on important economic issues
- Provides flexibility and versatility
- Complements other fields such as computer science, mathematics, political science and statistics
What are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select any of the Economics Program degree options as their major upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- JP Morgan Chase Bank
- Citi Group
- Social Security Administration