Great journeys begin at EKU. Find out more information about academic majors, explore student life opportunities and discover why Eastern Kentucky University is a special place to learn and grow.
Get the Program Guide
- B.S. in Earth Science/Teaching
- Minor in Earch Science/Teaching
Who Would be Interested in Earth Science/Teaching?
- Students who enjoy interacting with or have experience with teenagers
- Students who enjoy engaging in learning as part of a community
- Students with any geology training or background
Why Earth Science/Teaching?
- Kentucky has a lack of highly qualified science teachers and a high demand for graduates.
- The program provides state-of-the-art science teaching methods.
- The program is specifically designed to help students prepare for the PRAXIS exam.
- Teaching is a rewarding career.
- Teachers who are also parents can be with their own children during summer breaks.
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Earth Science/Teaching upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
School districts throughout Kentucky.