Who Would be Interested in Criminal Justice?
Students with an interest in:
- Crime & Justice & Criminological Research
- Economic inequality and crime
Why Criminal Justice?
- Unlike training, the program focuses on engaging students in critical reading and thinking, logical and ethical thinking, that fosters a deep and practical understanding of justice problems.
Learn from the Best
- Our faculty have published more criminal justice, criminological books than almost any group in the country. We wrote the books the most prestigious programs in the country are using, including our own.
At EKU, you will study with leading national scholars. Areas of expertize include:
- Social Justice
- Environmental crimes
Independent Study & Internship Opportunities
- Work with a professor through an Independent Study to pursue your personal area of interest. Students have completed studies ranging from agency-based evaluations to examinations of diverse social issues.
Build your resume with an internships or co-op experience. EKU students have worked with:
- Non-Government Agencies
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Department of Justice
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- State and local law enforcement agencies and correctional agencies (various)
- Office of Public Defender
- Department of Juvenile Justice
Rewarding Career Opportunities
- State and local law enforcement officers
- Crime policy analyst
- Human Services
- Alternative Media & Education
- Community Based Organizations
- Attorney or judge (additional law degree required)
- Correctional officer, trainer or administrator
- Juvenile/youth care worker
- Victim's advocate
What Are the requirements to be Admitted to the Program?
Students may select Criminal Justice as their major upon applying to the university.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
Our graduates are employed throughout the nation and internationally in every sector of the criminal justice system.
Graduated have explored positions with:
- U.S. Secret Service
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives
- Local & State Law Enforcement Agencies
- Bureau of Prisons
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Non-Government Organizations
- District Attorney's Office
- Department of Agriculture
How Do I Get More Information?
Contact Jacinda Bertieor Rebecca Moore at:
email@example.com / 859-622-6520
firstname.lastname@example.org / 859-622-7873