Great journeys begin at EKU. Find out more information about academic majors, explore student life opportunities and discover why Eastern Kentucky University is a special place to learn and grow.
B.S. in Apparel Design and Merchandising
Who Would be Interested in Apparel Design and Merchandising?
- If you are highly motivated and like a challenge in a fast-paced environment
- If you understand the implications of new information, and are able to analyze and interpret numbers
- If you are articulate and able to communicate well with others
- If you are a careful listener who is interested in working with others
Why Apparel Design and Merchandising?
- Excellent career opportunities exist for people who have knowledge of the fast-paced world of fashion, who understand textile product development, and who also possess keen business skills.
- As the only apparel design program in the Commonwealth, EKU ADM balances classroom experience with real-life application through numerous opportunities in cooperative education and internship.
- You learn theories of fashion diffusion, individual development, and consumer behavior to better understand the client and customer.
- You learn the specifics of textile performance, evaluate apparel quality, create displays, produce a fashion show, plan merchandise assortment, develop original designs, and create a full apparel line.
- You learn in small hands-on classes.
Where Are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Lucky Magazine
- Magic (world's largest apparel trade show)
- White House/Black Market
- Tianhai Lace Company, Ltd
How Do I Get More Information?
Are There Scholarship Opportunities?
Burrier Freshman Scholarship